Friday, July 23, 2010

Live like it's the style

Saludos de Chile! After a few visa debacles I made it safe and sound to the west coast of South America. Both of my flights were enjoyable, but I'm glad to finally be here. (I sat next to a professional wine taster on my flight from Atlanta, got the insiders tips on good Chilean wine. side note a really, really nice bottle of Chilean wine costs about $9 US. Just thought you should all know you're being ripped off up north).
My first view of South America was out of my plane window just before sunrise. The sky above the clouds was blood red, a color that I'm sure doesn't exist anywhere else in the world, which faded into a pale orange. From there a pale blue to a deep, silky blue that you just wanted to reach out and touch. The stars were still out and I could see Orion hovering above...

There are 41 of us enrolled at PUCV this term and we all met up at the Santiago airport. Two hour bus ride later we arrived in Vina del Mar after passing through Valpo, I drove by the street I'll be living on, pretty cool. We are all checked into the hotel for orientation and will be spending two days here before meeting our families. I got an email from my family with a picture, I have a younger sister who is 13 and a very nice cat. My host mom and dad seem very nice, and I will be the 10th exchange student they've hosted. I feel some pressure to live up to host student extraordinaire expectations...

Besos a todos, I'm thinking about all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment