Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gringo invasion


Zak, my boyfriend, recently came to visit me in Valparaiso. It was so wonderful to see him and we had such a great trip together. I took him to all my favorite haunts and had him eat as much "typical" Chilean food as his stomach could handle.We also checked out some new places and did some things I hadn't done yet including a boat tour of Valparaiso's bay and a day trip to Laguna Verde with Rachel and her pololo. My host parents took an immediate liking to him, despite the language barrier, and on his last night here my host dad and Zak took shots together at the dinner table...a moment to remember always.
On our last night together we went to Santiago so that I could pick my mom up early in the airport. Then the three of us, plus Allyson, spent the day wandering around Santiago. Highlights include: Cerro Santa Lucia, Plaza de Armas and Parque O'Higgins (I think). That night we dropped Zak off at the airport for his flight back to the states, and he ended up being on the same flight as a lot of people in my program so I got to say goodbye to them as well.
The next afternoon my mom and I jetted off to San Juan, Argentina so she could meet my host family there. Another adventure due to the language barrier, but so wonderful at the same time. She hasn't met my host family here in Chile yet, but I'm not worried at all.
here are some pictures from mine and Zak's trip and our day in Santiago.


fotos: Zak with mariscos a la parillada; me and Zak at Plaza 21 de Mayo; Laguna Verde; Zak, me and my mom at the top of Cerro Santa Lucia



p.s. currently running really late, per usual, to meet my mom...







love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna, Great to see you squeezed between two friendly gringos. We're sure your Dad will be pleased to see his womenfolk safe and smiling. We understand he is flying to join you tomorrow. Have a great time. It looks like Halcyon Days have arrived. Uncle Bill and Aunt Ida

    ReplyDelete